Author Topic: A Celebration at La Glorie  (Read 1199 times)

Offline Lasalle

• "A hussar who is not dead by 30 is a blackguard!"
A Celebration at La Glorie
« on: 16:02, Thursday 01 Jul, 2010. »
Gentlemen of Paris,

Having been accepted into the ship's company of Le Cochon Noir, and becoming a member of La Glorie, I hope to have another reason to celebrate and therefore extend a second invitation to my club to all gentlemen of Paris who will not be attending the Royal Ball in Week 4 of Apr 1622.

As you will all be aware, April will be a very busy month in Paris, not least for me with two appointments on the field of honour and an appearance at the Royal Academy to make, therefore plans may be subject to change at the last moment. I assure you that personal letters will be sent to confirm my availability to host you at La Glorie and I request that you make your own plans with sufficient flexibility to allow for this.

With much respect,

Louis CdD
Gentleman of Nantes
3rd Officer, Le Cochon Noir

OOC: Carousing will be paid for, toadies not accepted from SL2 or below characters. Please see the conditional orders thread of the writing orders post, and craft your own monthly orders to reflect that this event may be cancelled as a result of events in Apr 1622 before Week 4. I shall write a conditional order that includes your invitations to ensure that, if the month proceeds as intended, this soiree will occur.

Offline Benedict d'Over

• What does not destroy me, makes me strong.
Re: A Celebration at La Glorie
« Reply #1 on: 16:12, Thursday 01 Jul, 2010. »
Louis,

Thank you for the kind offer but I hopefully will be courting Marie that week. As this will take up my time that week I will not able to attend your celebration as La Glorie.

I hope you understand my actions.

Kind Regards
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.

Offline Lasalle

« Reply #2 on: 16:20, Thursday 01 Jul, 2010. »
Benedict,

If you are left in possession of the field, I would not expect you to do anything other that continue your suit for fair Marie.

Bonne chance!

Louis

Offline Benedict d'Over

• What does not destroy me, makes me strong.
« Reply #3 on: 16:29, Thursday 01 Jul, 2010. »
Louis,

Of course you are right. I may not be victorious. In which case I would gladly accept your invite and attend your celebration (if it happens).
When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.

Offline Aunib

• Put your arms around my soul and take it dancing
« Reply #4 on: 20:45, Thursday 01 Jul, 2010. »
Lieutenant de Vaisseau Louis Chassez de Damsels

Sir, I would like to accept your invitation to the Naval officers club, if only to see which of the barrack room rumurs are true.
Does the invitation extend to my mistress, Polly Filler?  Her beauties will lite up any room.

Marine Jacques Desmarais

:) GM awards +1SP
« Last Edit: 12:40, Saturday 03 Jul, 2010. by Richelieu »

Offline Lasalle

« Reply #5 on: 23:39, Thursday 01 Jul, 2010. »
Jacques,

How remiss of me! Of course, gentlemen should bring their ladies along, it will make our evening all the more enjoyable to hear their laughter and see their jewels glittering in the candlelight!

I would be pleased to meet Polly if she were to be so kind as to join you at this party.

Yours,

Louis

Offline Devlin Carnate

• Men know life too early, women know life too late
« Reply #6 on: 10:10, Friday 02 Jul, 2010. »
Louis,

I commend you on your hosting skills.

You are a man obviously unsure of himself. I may be hosting a party which I would like people to attend. Then again I may not . You seem to think that your time is more precious than others. Sir, the norm is to announce a party and then actually throw it, regardless of your own schemings.
There is only one thing in the world worse than being talked about, and that is not being talked about.

Offline Lasalle

« Reply #7 on: 10:40, Friday 02 Jul, 2010. »
Devlin,

There are only two certainties in life: death and taxes.

You are paranoid and delusional, I recommend a cold bath, perhaps in the Seine?

if you would only read properly, you would note that confirmation will be sent by personal messages.

Good day.

Louis CdD
Gentleman of Nantes
3rd Officer, Le Cochon Noir
« Last Edit: 12:42, Saturday 03 Jul, 2010. by Richelieu »

Offline Nick G

• Psy?
« Reply #8 on: 12:10, Friday 02 Jul, 2010. »
Louis,

I accept your invitation to your party.  Your last one was fantastic and I hope that this will be likewise if not even better!

Looking forward to the fourth week of April,

Los de Marbles
~ Troubleshooter ~ Ghost of Irwin Stevens ~ Tremere Fire Mage ~ Brute/Dragon ~ Mandalorian Bounty Hunter ~ Demonic Demolitions Expert ~ Weather Mage ~ Krogan Battlemaster ~ Barabel Jedi Master ~ Unlucky Caveman ~ Human Sorceror ~ Bat-Flagellant ~ Tanith Sniper ~ Occult Vampire

Spartan264

« Reply #9 on: 09:50, Monday 05 Jul, 2010. »
Lieutenant de Vaisseau Louis Chassez de Damsels,

I have been remiss in making your aquaintance here in Paris and seek to recity that. If you will have me, I would like to attend your party to toast your successes. Even though we are of different services, it is always a pleasure to met a fellow gentleman of the martial profession.

Kind regards,
Jerome de Landes

Offline Lasalle

« Reply #10 on: 10:23, Monday 05 Jul, 2010. »
Jerome,

Thank you for your acceptance of my invitation - I look forward to sharing a glass with you and toasting the success of French arms, whether on land or sea!

A bientot,

Louis