Author Topic: Club News  (Read 12315 times)

Offline Archalofax

• I have a beard. I am Pete.
    • Garblag Games
Re: Club News
« Reply #60 on: 22:04, Thursday 11 Apr, 2013. »
Pete - Third Order. A time Thresholder seems to have caught him in a loop.

Offline Gnarl

• Adam
« Reply #61 on: 00:09, Friday 12 Apr, 2013. »
Yes - changeover on Monday 15/04/2013. Come one come all etc. Although I'm personally a fan of making Clare finish her game while we all stare before she can have any pudding. I only know of 3 4 5 + Jon games running, so this might be a good time if you've ever thought about running a game to do so. Or if you thought you'd never get any players. Or there might just a be is definitely a bunch of games posited that I have had not heard of. Anywho, games I have heard of are:

Chris - Rogue Trader, wanna buy a thief? These guys have good prices for them
Andy M - Airship Pirates - Pirates, but in air! (ships).
Pete - Third Order. What to take from his cryptic statement? Is he going meta, and it's the heroes job to rescue Pete the GM from the curse of eternally running Third Order? Or is it the long awaited Doctor Who cross over? I guess we'll find out in time.
&, a recent addition
BenC - Changeling.
Dag - 3:16 Carnage Amongst the Stars. "For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life."

+ Jon(game) probability distribution. Be there, bring a small large number of your friends!
« Last Edit: 13:16, Monday 15 Apr, 2013. by Gnarl »

Offline BenC

• Muad'Dib we call 'instructor-of-boys' (also girls)
« Reply #62 on: 13:28, Friday 12 Apr, 2013. »
I'm going to have a crack at running a Changeling game as well.
"If any man wish to write in a clear style, let him be first clear in his thoughts; and if any would write in a noble style, let him first possess a noble soul."
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe (1749 - 1832)

Offline Andy McD

• On a good day a gust of wind can confuse me
« Reply #63 on: 13:04, Sunday 14 Apr, 2013. »
Yeap I am going to run Airship Pirates
Theres a line you dont cross. I cross it at warp speed.

Offline insanodag

• No, I can't eat the pirates. I am not Cthulhu!
« Reply #64 on: 11:25, Monday 15 Apr, 2013. »
And I am offering 3:16 -  Carnage amongst The Stars.

I feel that the current selection consists of games that are  much too cerebral and complex and  want to provide a game that is simple, with only two Stats (Fighting Ability and Non-Fighting Ability) and offers your inner sociopath the opportunity to attempt genocide against all sentient life in the universe. It is a game where you can level up your GUN!

3:16 - ALL CARNAGE, ALL THE TIME!

Offline Archalofax

• Garblag Games
« Reply #65 on: 12:29, Monday 15 Apr, 2013. »
Steampunk, World of Darkness and Level 20 Guns of Mass Killage?.

I fold.

NOT!

Third Order is far more awesome than all of these clearly awesome things.  ;) I think so anyway.

Anyway, the real reason I'm posting now is:

I'm going to be doing a partial pre-genned character thingy. There will be two sets of 'envelopes'. The first will provide your role in the ships crew (and required skill) and the second will provide an 'interesting and by no means nasty coming back to get you background fact'.

This way people new to Third Order will have a boost into the story and anyone who has played before will have a starting to point to flesh out.

Offline IzzyA

« Reply #66 on: 13:12, Monday 15 Apr, 2013. »
Woot Airships! =D

Offline Gnarl

• Adam
« Reply #67 on: 13:27, Monday 15 Apr, 2013. »
Added 3:16. Which is an interesting choice, but I expect you might go through a few characters in a club run. Or you could swap back and forth from the Rogue Trader game for the cognitive dissonance.

Also Pete, pregens? Ewww.

Offline Cheeky_Pixie

• Geek in training
« Reply #68 on: 13:45, Monday 15 Apr, 2013. »
LOL!
I would LOVE to finish my game at the club, but everyone else'd just get bored...  FS is too much fun to rush through!  ;)  (especially when you dangle plot and the heroes look at it and walk off... :P  Luv y'all!)
Seriously though, whilst I will happily GM on if other people are too I believe it has been Decreed that this is changeover week so we shall chase down the Gilded Koi elsewhere...
See you later!
C
~Adventurer~Cyber-punk Spirit Mage~Teenage Pooka~Archaeologist~Angel~Vampire~
Hollywood Demon~Wraith~Steampunk Inventoress/Adventurer~Classical Spy~
Research Poison Alchemist, Viscomtesse Elodie LeChief~Jedi Nautolan~Companion~
Melisande, Queen of Lanet~Prosperina the Illusionist~Lord/Lady Serin~

Offline Gnarl

• Adam
« Reply #69 on: 15:05, Monday 15 Apr, 2013. »
Alas, for I was indeed only attempting humour, and the rest of us are finished.

Offline Archalofax

• Garblag Games
« Reply #70 on: 16:39, Monday 15 Apr, 2013. »
Adam,

Not full pre-gens. It's a helping hand to character creation more than anything.

It will basically come down to two preset things for you.

• 1 or 2 skills you have to take
  • something about your past

The rolling of stats, picking of aspects, species, background, skills etc will all still be down to the player.

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
    • Sam's RedBubble Account
« Reply #71 on: 13:22, Tuesday 16 Apr, 2013. »
New game boards are up and ready. :)
~ Nynia ~ Maggie ~ Amara ~ Rachel ~ Mizera ~ Sarah ~ Rynne ~ Varnas ~ Blue CLO ~ Xyx ~
~ "Joe" ~ Chaplain ~ Siânna ~ Hope ~ Syuzannah ~ Nareen ~ Hilde ~ Raethwyn ~ Gavin ~
~ Lahni ~ Grayson ~ Bites-The-Breeze ~ Taylor ~ Anastasia ~ Jakari ~ Lu'riel ~ Akhet ~ Richie ~

Offline splat.toad

« Reply #72 on: 20:50, Tuesday 16 Apr, 2013. »
sam, you are awesome :)
Nocker~Table-Riding Barbarian~Comedy Wraith~Pyro Secret Agent Granny~Liquid Blue Alien Robot~'Trustworthy' Gunslinger~Biker Genius~Dragon Fisher~Magician's Assistant~Doctor/Thief~Warrior Mouse~Intrepid/Naïve Egyptologist~Pilot Space Cat~Goblin~Demon~Maverick cop~Jedi Adept~Ships Captain~Not A Mage

Offline Todd

« Reply #73 on: 15:53, Wednesday 17 Apr, 2013. »
She is apparently not awesome at remembering her password :P .

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
    • Sam's RedBubble Account
« Reply #74 on: 23:05, Wednesday 17 Apr, 2013. »
Pfft. It wouldn't have been a problem if the forgot password email worked...:P
~ Nynia ~ Maggie ~ Amara ~ Rachel ~ Mizera ~ Sarah ~ Rynne ~ Varnas ~ Blue CLO ~ Xyx ~
~ "Joe" ~ Chaplain ~ Siânna ~ Hope ~ Syuzannah ~ Nareen ~ Hilde ~ Raethwyn ~ Gavin ~
~ Lahni ~ Grayson ~ Bites-The-Breeze ~ Taylor ~ Anastasia ~ Jakari ~ Lu'riel ~ Akhet ~ Richie ~