Author Topic: Website Stuff & Other Horrible Posts  (Read 5064 times)

Offline Todd

Re: Website Stuff & Other Horrible Posts
« Reply #30 on: 00:12, Monday 18 Feb, 2013. »
New server is running now but I haven't moved anything over to it yet.  I am trying to figure out the best DNS-gymnastics routine to keep things online as much as possible.

More to come...

Offline Cheeky_Pixie

• Geek in training
« Reply #31 on: 12:57, Monday 18 Feb, 2013. »
Thank you... :D
~Adventurer~Cyber-punk Spirit Mage~Teenage Pooka~Archaeologist~Angel~Vampire~
Hollywood Demon~Wraith~Steampunk Inventoress/Adventurer~Classical Spy~
Research Poison Alchemist, Viscomtesse Elodie LeChief~Jedi Nautolan~Companion~
Melisande, Queen of Lanet~Prosperina the Illusionist~Lord/Lady Serin~

Offline Gnarl

• Adam
« Reply #32 on: 13:53, Monday 18 Feb, 2013. »
Thanks Todd.

Offline Todd

« Reply #33 on: 13:16, Tuesday 26 Feb, 2013. »
Those of you who were not otherwise distracted by RPG-based Monday night gatherings may have noticed some downtime yesterday afternoon/evening.

The reason for that is that we are now finally on the new server.  I had to rebuild the web server from scratch and even though it seems like everything is working properly, it's possible I've missed something.  Let me know if you run into any problems.

If you're still unable to access the site on a certain device (especially one on a corporate network), it's because your IT Department and/or ISP are incompetent.  Give it a day or two and it should start working again.

I don't have any further downtime planned.  There's an update to the forum software I need to do some time but that's not urgent and usually only takes 10-15mins.

Offline Aunib

• Put your arms around my soul and take it dancing
« Reply #34 on: 17:08, Tuesday 26 Feb, 2013. »
Thank you for all your effort in maintaining this site.

Offline Todd

« Reply #35 on: 19:12, Tuesday 26 Feb, 2013. »
Oh, one other thing for...whoever is in charge around here, I don't even know :P .

I can get .co.uk addresses for what effectively amounts to zero cost.  If it would ever be helpful to have something more memorable or obvious for the site address (like stalbansrpg.co.uk or whatever), just let me know what you want and I can get it set up.

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
    • Sam's RedBubble Account
« Reply #36 on: 23:04, Wednesday 27 Feb, 2013. »
I get in trouble* for every new person that finds us, so leaving it as it is is fine by me. :p

*Well not really.
~ Nynia ~ Maggie ~ Amara ~ Rachel ~ Mizera ~ Sarah ~ Rynne ~ Varnas ~ Blue CLO ~ Xyx ~
~ "Joe" ~ Chaplain ~ Siânna ~ Hope ~ Syuzannah ~ Nareen ~ Hilde ~ Raethwyn ~ Gavin ~
~ Lahni ~ Grayson ~ Bites-The-Breeze ~ Taylor ~ Anastasia ~ Jakari ~ Lu'riel ~ Akhet ~ Richie ~

Offline Todd

« Reply #37 on: 00:00, Thursday 28 Feb, 2013. »
Last time I was there it did seem like you had filled up the entire pub!

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
« Reply #38 on: 09:42, Thursday 28 Feb, 2013. »
Yeah...we're up to an estimated 40ish people if everyone's in on the same night.
Thankfully not everyone comes every week or else I think we might break the place.
Gamers exist- who knew? ;)
~ Nynia ~ Maggie ~ Amara ~ Rachel ~ Mizera ~ Sarah ~ Rynne ~ Varnas ~ Blue CLO ~ Xyx ~
~ "Joe" ~ Chaplain ~ Siânna ~ Hope ~ Syuzannah ~ Nareen ~ Hilde ~ Raethwyn ~ Gavin ~
~ Lahni ~ Grayson ~ Bites-The-Breeze ~ Taylor ~ Anastasia ~ Jakari ~ Lu'riel ~ Akhet ~ Richie ~

Offline Gnarl

• Adam
« Reply #39 on: 13:56, Monday 04 Mar, 2013. »
Oh, one other thing for...whoever is in charge around here, I don't even know  .

Well if you ever find out, tell me. I have a lot of problems with how they run this club, I wouldn't mind taking it up with them.
But most of all thanks for doing whatever magic was required to make forum continue to fora. And come back at some point, I can normally find a space for a person for a week if I'm running. Possession is (in) nine-tenths of genre, and I frequently have a player missing.

I get in trouble* for every new person that finds us, so leaving it as it is is fine by me. :p

*Well not really.

I was joking, obv. In fact, since the kids only turned up for one session so far this year, I don't have high hopes of them returning, so I have less fear of actually out-growing the pub. But I agree we don't need a change of address while we still head google for "St Albans RPG". Even if it is a link to post about a different club (or is that just me that gets that?)

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
« Reply #40 on: 14:45, Monday 04 Mar, 2013. »
:)

Yeah, Pete wanted to let us know it was there.

Offline Todd

« Reply #41 on: 18:59, Monday 04 Mar, 2013. »
But I agree we don't need a change of address while we still head google for "St Albans RPG". Even if it is a link to post about a different club (or is that just me that gets that?)
That's happening as a result of the page title, because the site name doesn't include "RPG" but that thread does.  It could be fixed pretty easily (change the site name to "St Albans RPG Club" or something similar), but you probably don't care too much :) .

Offline Todd

« Reply #42 on: 10:01, Monday 20 May, 2013. »
Our datacentre is running some maintenance at midnight tonight but it should only be an hour or so.  I know it doesn't really affect you lot much but just mentioning it.

Offline Todd

« Reply #43 on: 23:56, Thursday 21 Nov, 2013. »
I just deleted a dozen spambot accounts that all registered today.  I have also changed the anti-spam question.  Hopefully that'll clear things up but please do hit report on any spam that you find.  Thanks to those who already reported stuff.  I'll try to keep an eye on registration for the next few days.

Offline Nick G

• Psy?
« Reply #44 on: 11:16, Friday 22 Nov, 2013. »
Heh, it was a few more than a dozen... I spent about an hour and a half banning and deleting them, didn't think about updating the anti-spam stuff, clearly not with it atm...
~ Troubleshooter ~ Ghost of Irwin Stevens ~ Tremere Fire Mage ~ Brute/Dragon ~ Mandalorian Bounty Hunter ~ Demonic Demolitions Expert ~ Weather Mage ~ Krogan Battlemaster ~ Barabel Jedi Master ~ Unlucky Caveman ~ Human Sorceror ~ Bat-Flagellant ~ Tanith Sniper ~ Occult Vampire