Author Topic: Website Stuff & Other Horrible Posts  (Read 5065 times)

Offline Todd

Re: Website Stuff & Other Horrible Posts
« Reply #45 on: 18:27, Saturday 23 Nov, 2013. »
I saw that some stuff had been cleared before I got to it, thanks.  Seems to have stopped for now anyway.  The other SMF forum that I have also got hit so I think there's someone specifically targeting SMF sites right now.

Offline Todd

« Reply #46 on: 14:49, Monday 06 Jan, 2014. »
The forum should now be sending emails again, sorry about that.

(Nerd version: We changed to a new IP address recently and I forget to add it to the connection whitelist on the SMTP server.)

Offline Todd

« Reply #47 on: 19:44, Wednesday 08 Apr, 2015. »
So my host, out of the blue, just decided to go out of business. They claim that they emailed everyone a month ago and nobody replied but it's clear from the number of angry customers that this didn't happen. There is a new company that is taking over their services and for the moment it seems that all of the UK nodes are still up but it's entirely possible that this will all just disappear randomly. In the US most nodes were just straight up deleted so we're at least fortunate in that we have some notice.

I'm taking backups of everything right now and contacting the new company to find out what is going on. I'll try to grab backups at least daily until until I have it confirmed that the current data is safe but I'm at a wedding this weekend and moving house next weekend so this is not great timing!

If you have any important posts / images / stories / whatever on the forums please do also take a copy yourself. Forum admins can also take full database backups from the control panel if they would like to.

I'll post updates in this thread when I have more.

Regardless of the outcome I'm still going to need a server for other things and the domain is registered separately so I'll make sure the site survives, there just might be a bit of downtime if things explode.

Never a dull moment!

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
    • Sam's RedBubble Account
« Reply #48 on: 19:33, Wednesday 15 Apr, 2015. »
Ok Todd, thanks for the heads up.
~ Nynia ~ Maggie ~ Amara ~ Rachel ~ Mizera ~ Sarah ~ Rynne ~ Varnas ~ Blue CLO ~ Xyx ~
~ "Joe" ~ Chaplain ~ Siânna ~ Hope ~ Syuzannah ~ Nareen ~ Hilde ~ Raethwyn ~ Gavin ~
~ Lahni ~ Grayson ~ Bites-The-Breeze ~ Taylor ~ Anastasia ~ Jakari ~ Lu'riel ~ Akhet ~ Richie ~

Offline Aunib

• Put your arms around my soul and take it dancing
« Reply #49 on: 20:16, Sunday 19 Apr, 2015. »
And thanks for the effort on this

Offline Anrawel

• That's me making a rare visit to Earth
Re: Website peek-a-boo
« Reply #50 on: 18:51, Wednesday 22 Apr, 2015. »
Yes, thank you Todd for providing us with this forum.

Offline Todd

« Reply #51 on: 13:33, Friday 01 May, 2015. »
Oh, I never replied here again, sorry, got caught up in moving house. Server stuff got sorted anyway so we're good. It was mostly just a lot of confusion and the current server was fine all along. Look at how competent I am ::) .
« Last Edit: 14:05, Friday 01 May, 2015. by Todd »

Offline Todd

« Reply #52 on: 11:52, Tuesday 29 Sep, 2015. »
Apologies if anyone saw errors trying to access the site over the last day or so, for some reason this site failed to properly restart itself after a server reboot and I hadn't noticed because everything else came back online as normal. I just started it manually and everything looks good so I'll put it down to Windows being dumb.

Offline Todd

« Reply #53 on: 20:51, Wednesday 13 Jan, 2016. »
Forum will be down for a few hours this Saturday (16th Jan) afternoon/evening as my host is doing some networking upgrades.

Edit: This got pushed back to Sunday for some reason, same time.
« Last Edit: 08:56, Sunday 17 Jan, 2016. by Todd »

Offline Todd

« Reply #54 on: 15:59, Wednesday 23 Aug, 2017. »
Looks like the site logo was remote linked, if anyone has a copy of it I can host it on the server and fix it.

Offline Gnarl

• Adam
« Reply #55 on: 20:15, Sunday 03 Sep, 2017. »
I have messaged Samantha about it as she set most of this up. If not, I'm sure I can find something. Wasn't it a Swan? It should probably be a Goat anyway.

Oh, and while I remember, the 'Monday nights from 7ish @ Number 23!' should probably be something more like 'Monday nights from 7ish @ the Goat!' or similar. I can't see where this can be changed in the Admin bit, apologies if I'm missing the obvious.
« Last Edit: 20:53, Sunday 03 Sep, 2017. by Gnarl »

Offline Todd

« Reply #56 on: 15:22, Thursday 07 Sep, 2017. »
Admin -> Configuration -> Current Theme.

The logo setting is there too.

I changed the text and pulled the logo for now, if you want a new one uploading just post it here and I can sort it.

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
    • Sam's RedBubble Account
« Reply #57 on: 22:55, Thursday 07 Sep, 2017. »
I may've been absent for a while and not noticed this, apologies.
That'll be from when Photobucket imploded.
Thanks for tidying up. =)
~ Nynia ~ Maggie ~ Amara ~ Rachel ~ Mizera ~ Sarah ~ Rynne ~ Varnas ~ Blue CLO ~ Xyx ~
~ "Joe" ~ Chaplain ~ Siânna ~ Hope ~ Syuzannah ~ Nareen ~ Hilde ~ Raethwyn ~ Gavin ~
~ Lahni ~ Grayson ~ Bites-The-Breeze ~ Taylor ~ Anastasia ~ Jakari ~ Lu'riel ~ Akhet ~ Richie ~