Author Topic: Watford Recycling Arts Project  (Read 2529 times)

Offline sam_i

• Hindsight is always 2D20...
Watford Recycling Arts Project
« on: 00:11, Tuesday 06 Nov, 2012. »
Am contemplating getting a group membership to this thing:
http://watfordrecyclingartsproject.wikispaces.com/
It's basically a charity/community project that recycles left over materials from businesses to be made available free to arts and crafts type endeavours.  You pay a membership for the year and then can help yourself (within reason, i believe theres a fair use sort of policy) to whatever you want from their stashes.  Given they have lots of leather scrap, fabric, yarn, thread, and various other weird and wonderful odds and sods that could be used for our various crafts endeavours or possibly for making of larp bits and props...

The group membership is £35 per year with a one off £10 admin fee, so even if any only a handful of us were interested in splitting it would be worthwhile i think.  Let me know if people are interested and i will try and organise a trip out to look at it!

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
    • Sam's RedBubble Account
Re: Watford Recycling Arts Project
« Reply #1 on: 11:34, Tuesday 06 Nov, 2012. »
Sounds great!
While I was at college / uni I was a member of a similar thing in Welwyn Garden City.
Not been over there for ages though, no idea what they might have.
Excess leather scraps eh?
Hmm...
~ Nynia ~ Maggie ~ Amara ~ Rachel ~ Mizera ~ Sarah ~ Rynne ~ Varnas ~ Blue CLO ~ Xyx ~
~ "Joe" ~ Chaplain ~ Siânna ~ Hope ~ Syuzannah ~ Nareen ~ Hilde ~ Raethwyn ~ Gavin ~
~ Lahni ~ Grayson ~ Bites-The-Breeze ~ Taylor ~ Anastasia ~ Jakari ~ Lu'riel ~ Akhet ~ Richie ~

Offline Rose

• Thornless Rose
« Reply #2 on: 18:05, Sunday 11 Nov, 2012. »
Sam C, Jen and myself all visited WRAP on Saturday morning and we have signed up the St Albans Roleplaying Club as a group membership.

Our membership number is: 3426

If anyone would like to go down to visit them you'll need the above number to login on arrival.
They had a lot of really useful interesting bits and pieces for art projects and costume making.

I will be recieving our membership card shortly in the post and if anyone would like a copy please let me know ( it has a barcode on so you can scan it instead of trying to remember the number)

The annual membership cost to let us take and use as much of their materials as we like was £35 + £10 admin fee
If you think you are likely to use this service please can you let me know and make a small donation to the membership costs.
Thankyou and happy making
X
~Spek the fairy~ fire ninja~Alice hatter: trouble shooter~ Light fingers the thief~ Ylanna:hunter/tracker~ Raven: gypsy princess ~ Freya lilim of fate~

Offline sam_i

• Hindsight is always 2D20...
« Reply #3 on: 17:24, Tuesday 13 Nov, 2012. »
I think i am going down this weekend with a possible Maz and Jenny, was intending to give you money monday but you weren't there due to lack of game!  Is next week ok?

Offline Rose

• Thornless Rose
« Reply #4 on: 20:35, Tuesday 13 Nov, 2012. »
Yeah next week would be fine :)
~Spek the fairy~ fire ninja~Alice hatter: trouble shooter~ Light fingers the thief~ Ylanna:hunter/tracker~ Raven: gypsy princess ~ Freya lilim of fate~

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
« Reply #5 on: 16:49, Saturday 17 Nov, 2012. »
Hey you guys who make stuff and things - I have a bunch of fabric paints going spare.
If no-one wants them I'll be donating them to the WRAP place.
Have checked them and most of them seem to be a bit squidgy still, so should be of some use.
Plenty of bits of test fabric things to play with too.
~ Nynia ~ Maggie ~ Amara ~ Rachel ~ Mizera ~ Sarah ~ Rynne ~ Varnas ~ Blue CLO ~ Xyx ~
~ "Joe" ~ Chaplain ~ Siânna ~ Hope ~ Syuzannah ~ Nareen ~ Hilde ~ Raethwyn ~ Gavin ~
~ Lahni ~ Grayson ~ Bites-The-Breeze ~ Taylor ~ Anastasia ~ Jakari ~ Lu'riel ~ Akhet ~ Richie ~

Offline splat.toad

« Reply #6 on: 20:08, Sunday 18 Nov, 2012. »
Fabric paint she says? *hopeful*
Nocker~Table-Riding Barbarian~Comedy Wraith~Pyro Secret Agent Granny~Liquid Blue Alien Robot~'Trustworthy' Gunslinger~Biker Genius~Dragon Fisher~Magician's Assistant~Doctor/Thief~Warrior Mouse~Intrepid/Naïve Egyptologist~Pilot Space Cat~Goblin~Demon~Maverick cop~Jedi Adept~Ships Captain~Not A Mage

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
« Reply #7 on: 21:56, Sunday 18 Nov, 2012. »
In which case, do you want to drop in here either before or after tomorrow's game?
It's all (mostly) in stylish travel safe carry bags and everything. /nods

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
« Reply #8 on: 16:42, Tuesday 13 Aug, 2013. »
Dropped in here again today, picked up a few bits-
Just a reminder really that the current membership runs out in November.

Offline Cheeky_Pixie

• Geek in training
« Reply #9 on: 12:20, Wednesday 14 Aug, 2013. »
Ooh... Let me know if anyone is going any time soon -I'd like to go again!  :)
~Adventurer~Cyber-punk Spirit Mage~Teenage Pooka~Archaeologist~Angel~Vampire~
Hollywood Demon~Wraith~Steampunk Inventoress/Adventurer~Classical Spy~
Research Poison Alchemist, Viscomtesse Elodie LeChief~Jedi Nautolan~Companion~
Melisande, Queen of Lanet~Prosperina the Illusionist~Lord/Lady Serin~

Offline Samantha

• Scribbler
« Reply #10 on: 16:19, Wednesday 14 Aug, 2013. »
Still plenty of leather scraps in stock. Quite a few fabric samplers about too.

Offline Cheeky_Pixie

• Geek in training
« Reply #11 on: 16:38, Wednesday 14 Aug, 2013. »
*drool*
~Adventurer~Cyber-punk Spirit Mage~Teenage Pooka~Archaeologist~Angel~Vampire~
Hollywood Demon~Wraith~Steampunk Inventoress/Adventurer~Classical Spy~
Research Poison Alchemist, Viscomtesse Elodie LeChief~Jedi Nautolan~Companion~
Melisande, Queen of Lanet~Prosperina the Illusionist~Lord/Lady Serin~