Author Topic: Fragments of The Book Of Nod  (Read 3262 times)

Offline Dainul

• <witty comment here>
Fragments of The Book Of Nod
« on: 10:07, Sunday 13 Jan, 2013. »
The Temptation of Caine:

On one of these long nights, as Lilith attended to her magic far from Caine's sight, He was visited by a being of light and power.  Michael, one of the Lord's Angels came before him and spake thus:

"Caine, son of Adam and Eve, brother to Seth and Abel.  Know that the Lord God still loves you.  I offer you a path to return.  Repent of your sins, and you may yet return to your place in His Light."

Caine looked full at the Angel before Him, and though He was tempted to accept the pleas of the being of Light, He knew that He could not.  "How can I repent of an act committed for love.  Love for my brother and love for my Lord?"

And the angel wept, and laid a hand upon Caine's shoulder.  "Then I am bound to lay upon you and your children the curse of flame.  Those flames which warm and protect your brother Seth and his tribe shall ever be anathema to you."  His curse pronounced, the Angel Michael rose back to Heaven, trailing the tears of his sorrow.

The following night, Caine was visited again.  The Angel Raphael came before Caine and spake thus:

"Caine, son of Adam and Eve, brother to Seth and Abel.  Know that the Lord God still loves you.  I offer you a path to return.  Repent of your sins, and you may yet return to your place in His Light."

Caine looked upon the angel, and though He was sorely tempted to return to His family, He knew that his decisions could not be unmade, his path untrod.  "How may I repent of an act committed for love.  Love for my brother and love for my Lord?"

And the Angel looked upon Caine with sorrow and laid a hand upon His shoulder.  "Then I am bound to lay upon you and your children the curse of the sun.  Those rays which light and guide your brother Seth and his tribe shall ever be anathema to you."  His curse pronounced, the Angel Raphael rose back to Heaven, gazing back with sorrow.

The third night, Caine was visited again.  The Angel Uriel came before Caine and spake thus:

Caine looked upon the angel, and though He suffered from His exile and the curses laid upon Him, He knew that He could not return because he was ordered to.  "How may I repent of an act committed for love.  Love for my brother and love for my Lord?"

And the Angel looked upon Caine with wrath and laid a hand upon His shoulder.  "Then I am bound to lay upon you and your children the curse of the beast!  While your brother and his children may be governed by their minds, you and your children shall ever be governed by the monster within you."  His curse pronounced, the Angel Uriel rose back to Heaven, gazing back with wrath in his eys.

The fourth night, Caine was visited a final time.  The Angel Gabriel came before Caine and spake thus:

"Caine, son of Adam and Eve, brother to Seth and Abel.  Know that the Lord God still loves you.  I give you a path to return.  Should you or any of your children master your Curse and surpass it, you will find Golconda, a path to salvation ever open to you in God's Mercy."

The Angel Gabriel then rose back to Heaven, gazing back upon Caine with hope in his eyes.

Offline Rodge

• Huzzah!
Re: Fragments of The Book Of Nod
« Reply #1 on: 19:12, Friday 18 Jan, 2013. »
So vampires believe in sky wizards too?
Hrotgar Wolfbane ~ Baron Magnus ~ 'Fonz' - Murdoch ~ Nix'Un ~ Globas Ferru ~ Colonel the Lord Spencer ~ Kim Jong Ping-Pong ~ Riker ~ Saul ~ Mike Sorenson ~ Svard ~ Jeff